Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Love the Coast.

CALMING ME HOME


The measures of time
And the worries of life
Keep me from visiting
And bind me in strife.
How quickly the memory
of your vast expanse
slips from my vision
and fades from my dance.



I’m glad to be here now,
On your foamy shore,
Inhaling and storing
Your quiet roar.

You must have mothered me,
Taught me your lands,
Lessons of living
Learned on your sands.



Giving and patience,
Beauty and smells,
Touching and feeling,
Listening to shells,
Watching and wondering…
How where and whys,
Unanswered questions,
Breaker-filled sighs.

Rocks have come to you,
Craggled and worn.
You’ve weathered their wrinkles,
You’ve gentled their form.



I’m bonded to you;
I’ve limitless mirth.
I’m calm and unwrinkled;
I’ve experienced rebirth.

Calming me home,
You’ve been calming me home.
I’ve waited too long,
You’ve been calming me home.
I need to be with you,
Where peace is well known.
I’ll return to your shore,
Where you’re calming me home.




-Annie Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment