Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving in Albany this year, and a lot to be thankful for. Certainly, there are those who dread family time and it is worthy of headaches or alcohol-induced stupor, but not here. My daughter and her family (that makes 4) plus her brother-in-law and their family (another 4) and me, the Grandma everyone calls Badi, (pronounced body... That's ME,) were the nine in attendance. Earlier in the day, I sent out a little ASL - I Love You Turkey to friends.


Before I drove down to Albany, after internet craft search, I came up with a pinecone turkey idea. I had the cones for firestarters already, so I went outside for a variety of fall leaves and some pine tree needles. I made up nine peach colored feathers with the names of every one coming and put together my turkey so we had a template. Here's my lil guy:

\

The Whitesides are amazing cooks (and have even had a few friendly family cooking competitions. The wine and turkey were a perfect combination. Mashed and sweet potatoes, green beans with sauteed shallots, home made biscuits ---and last on the dinner menu--- (my contribution:) cranberry orange relish. Brother in law brought a pumpkin pie and my daughter made apple pie. Here is the 150 year old technology (apple corer) she used and the pie safe where the masterpiece was stored until Thursday evening.





This a collage of their home and the 8 people there (I was the photographer and didn't end up in pictures this time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment