Saturday, January 25, 2014

A New Leaf

Well, actually a new knee!

I will be replacing my knee this Thursday (and of course that means I will be in la-la land and SOMEONE will be surgically placing a new knee in my destroyed right knee.)



On the right is a tibial plateau and the left is the femoral condyles. Jan 30, I will start a physically new journey. Recovery will "different" and I am not sure what will be my recovery rate. I might not be back to work until April.

This recent Jan 22 and 23, Mike and I went to the coast. We took in a SUNNY DAY, starting at the Promenade walk in Seaside,



the John Cook glass studio in Gearhart, OR





Specifically went to the John Cook studio to see Richard Satava's Glass art with Jellyfish. He is the KING of this art!!!







the Hammond KOA







and the lovely Ft Stevens beach









children's bare feet and dog paw prints --- awwwww!





this is the view south, towards Seaside





I love the TEXTURE



The sun is lowing, as seen through the Peter Iredale, and we raced

before catching the Long Beach sunset.



Too many touristy things were closed, but we did bike along the sea grasses in Gearhart,









then we went to the Maritime Museum in Astoria.



I love these old canning labels!





This is my last chance to do these things before recovery. The goal after surgery is to do a half marathon.



OK.

...and lastly, I made this collage after all the events of the last two days. It is called
ADRIFT.



Ready set GO!

addendum:
It has been one week since the OHSU surgery and admittance into Rehab Nursing Center was the following Saturday at 1 pm.

I have been too dopey to type much and too absorbed in recovery to say much. The one thing I will say, is this:
I hope I never end up in a nursing facility. This is crazy making.

I will add a thing or two when I have more to say; I am recovering daily. I am not recovering in the way people expected. I have a pain level that is off-the-charts in a knee bend. We need the surgeon to evaluate that.

To be continued on it's own entry.



No comments:

Post a Comment